Blueberry Strain – Berry Blue Strain [ Kush Strains ]
Blueberry Strain, also known as “Berry Blue strain,” is an indica marijuana strain made by crossing Purple Thai with Thai. A true A-List cannabis strain, Blueberry strain legendary status soared to new heights after claiming the High Times’ Cannabis Cup 2000 for Best indica. The long history of the strain goes back to the late 1970s when American breeder DJ Short was working with a variety of exotic landrace strains. However, throughout the decades of Blueberry strain cultivation, the genetics have been passed around, due in large part to DJ Short working with multiple seed banks and breeders. The sweet flavors of fresh blueberries combine with relaxing effects to produce a long-lasting sense of euphoria. Many consumers utilize the effects of Berry Blue strain to help contend with pain and stress, while connoisseurs and growers admire the strain for its colorful hues and high THC content.
Blueberry Kush Strain – Blue Strains of Weed [ Blueberry Seeds ]
Blueberry kush strain, commonly known as DJ Short Blueberry strain, is an Indica-leaning hybrid strain created by legendary breeder DJ Short. The kush strains was bred by crossing a male Afghani landrace, only one generation removed from Afghanistan, with two Thai females — Highland Thai (aka Juicy Fruit) and Purple Thai — which he claims produced virtually identical results.
Blueberry kush strain reportedly grows medium-to-tall in a 49-56 day flowering period, producing THC levels that range between 16% to 24%. Best grown indoors, especially using the Sea of Green method, the kush strains tends to produce above-average yields of dense, sticky, purple-hued buds. When cured properly, this kush strains reportedly gives off an aroma and taste that resemble fresh blueberries.
Though DJ Short was the initial breeder of Blueberry kush strain, other seed banks have also experimented with this strain with great success. For instance, a blue strains of weed produced by the Noon won Best Indica and best strain overall in the 2000 High Times Cannabis Cup, while another Blueberry strain from Dutch Passion Seed Co. won third place in the Indica Cup at the 2002 High Times Cannabis Cup.
About Blueberry Strain
Blueberry strain is a popular, flavor-forward indica hybrid with a strong genetic backbone. It is a three-way cross between an indica Afghani parent and sativa Thai and Purple Thai variant parents. Blue strains of weed was originally developed in the 1970s or 80s by DJ Short, a mysterious but prolific breeder who’s been dubbed the “Willy Wonka of pot.” Berry Blue strain is distinguished by an unmistakable fresh blueberry strain smell and taste that have made it an enduring favorite. blue strains of weed is popular nationwide. It won top marks in the 2000 High Times Cannabis Cup for Best Indica and best kush strains overall. Blueberry has a THC content that ranges between 15% and 24%.
Flowers of this strain are small and densely-packed, as one might expect of an indica-dominant variety. The compact forest green leaves are often flecked with traces of purple and red. These latter colors develop due to high concentrations of pigments called anthocyanins in this kush strains genetics — as the plants are exposed to colder than average temperatures during the growing period, these pigments are activated, bringing out colorful hues. The leaves are coated in almost transparent trichomes, which may be harder to see than that milky or amber-colored glands covering similarly resinous strains. Nevertheless, buds of Blueberry kush strain are very sticky and may be difficult to break up by hand without the use of a grinder.
Medically speaking, Blueberry strain has almost narcotic properties. It is of use to those with pain conditions — both short-term pain due to injury or exercise or long-term chronic pain related to disease or nerve damage. It can also help relieve some of the troubling symptoms of stress, anxiety and PTSD, creating a physical relaxation strong enough to ease a racing, pre-occupied mind. Most notably, Berry Blue strain can induce a deep and lasting sleep and therefore serve as an antidote to entrenched insomnia. Side effects of this strain include the typical dry mouth and red eyes. Its heaviness can also result in droopy, unfocused eyes. As noted, a little bit of blueberry kush strain goes a long way and its high is said to last longer than average.
blueberry kush strain can be grown as a clone, if clippings are taken from mature and healthy plants. Growers can also buy blueberry seeds. Creator DJ Short has legal claim to the “ancestral and parental breeding stock and intellectual development rights” — but the nature of the cannabis market is such that DJ Short has no control over his blueberry seeds once they’ve been sold, meaning that competitors like Dutch Passion are free to experiment with blueberry seeds genetics and sell their own proprietary seeds under the same name.
blueberry seeds can be grown indoors or outdoors, but outdoor growing demands restrictive conditions like moderate humidity and consistent daytime temperatures between 72 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Plants are well-suited to indoor cultivation, as they grow short and bushy — rarely exceeding 3.5 feet in height — with strong lateral branching. They also have a very favorable leaf-to-bud ratio, meaning that they require minimal trimming of broad fan leaves. Growers looking to bring out the vibrant lavender to red accents in blueberry seeds leaves should artificially “shock” the plant by introducing cold temperatures late in vegetative stage, just before flowering. Plants flowers within 8 to 10 weeks when grown indoors and are ready for harvest in mid October outdoors. When mature, Berry Blue strain has a moderate to high yield, offering about 1.5 ounces of flower per square foot of plant.
Perfect for mellow nighttime use, Berry Blue strain is a great choice for those looking to unwind alone or with an intimate group of familiar friends. Its combination of restorative physical relaxation with a mildly hazy head high is matched by standout flavors. Blueberry kush strain enviable genetics have been used to crossbreed popular strains like Blue Dream and Blueberry Kush.
Blueberry Marijuana Strain
Frequently Asked Questions About Blueberry strain
- What is Blueberry strain?
- Blueberry strain is an award winning indica-dominant hybrid that is sweet, fruity, and colorful. It takes its name seriously in both its appearance and flavor and has been a popular strain since it was bred in the 1970’s.
- Where does Berry Blue strain come from?
- Berry Blue strain is a cross of its indica parent Afghani and two sativa strains Thai and Purple Thai.
- What does Berry Blue strain smell like?
- Berry Blue strain has pleasant floral aroma that is sweet like vanilla and then has a nice bite of spice and earthy dirt-ness.
- What does Blue strains of weed taste like?
- The sweetness of Blue strains of weed comes out more in the taste than the smell. It is smooth, rich and sweet like a blueberry strain with an aftertaste that has just the right amount of spice and musk.
- What color does Blueberry seeds have?
- Blueberry seeds has forest green nugs that are highlighted with vibrant hues of blue and indigo. Its nugs are dense and coated in snow-white trichrome crystals. Its red pistils tend to be shorter and encase the buds like they’re grabbing them making Blueberry seeds a very colorful and beautiful bud to look at.
- What effects does Blueberry kush strain have?
- Fans of Blueberry kush strain state that the first effects they notice are a head buzz that gradually builds in intensity. As it builds they notice they feel more and more happy and carefree. It has been noted by some to be a great strain for creative endeavors as its cerebral effects open the mind without becoming couch locked or tired.
- Is Blueberry kush strain an Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
- Blueberry strain is an indica-dominant hybrid